Monday, October 29, 2007

Butterfly Beauty Turban by Dot




I found this great Turban Pattern online when looking for interesting crochet patterns. My roommate Allie got my interested in Turbans after she busted one out recently. I unfortunately cannot always pull off her fashion stylings, but this turban is surprisingly easy to wear. I wore it with my pea coat recently and got some compliments :). Check out Dot's site though, she has some really cool patterns on there. I basically followed her crochet patterns except for a few modifications.




The Modifications:

I repeated row 6 twice.

I crocheted 7 rows of butterfly stitches. So basically I repeated row 8 five times, and then went back to the pattern, crocheting her row 11 and 12.

I added the extra rows because I wanted a slightly longer turban and also I liked the way more butterfly stitches looked. Altogether my turban was 17 rows long.

I used Lion Brand Yarn Vanna's Choice in Purple and I think either a J or H hook. I'm pretty terrible at gauge and such, so I basically experiment until I figure out the correct hook size. I don't really make those little squares, though I should really start.

0 comments: